India is the seventh-largest country, the second-most populous country with over 1.2 billion people, and the most populous democracy in the world. India has so much to offer but how many of us have actually been? Join us for a holiday with a difference this year. Our two week cultural enrichment programs offer you the opportunity to experience a new culture, while sharing your skills with rural communities that do not have access to good quality education.
Included within the project are the following components:
* One pre-departure introductory workshop in the UK where you will meet your fellow participants.
* Project Handbook and pre-departure advice via a shared 'What's App' group.
* A dedicated bi-lingual group leader throughout your stay.
* Two week organised itinerary that includes a range of community activities.
* Support to plan and deliver multiple activity sessions (minimum 5) with local communities giving you the opportunity to
share your skills with local children and families.
* Pick up from and drop off from the nearest domestic airport - Kangra
* Accommodation in our dedicated house - shared rooms with dedicated attached bathrooms in a traditional Indian village rural setting.
* Three freshly prepared vegetarian Indian meals per day from locally sourced produce.
* Bespoke comprehensive orientation on arrival tailored to your specialist areas of interest.
* 3 x one hour group Hindi language Lessons.
* Escorted cultural walk to meet and greet the local community and learn about their day to day life in rural India.
* Escorted orientation visit to nearest town to acclimatise participants with facilities.
* Mehendi (Henna Art Workshop)
* Morning Yoga x 5 sessions
* Indian Cookery x 3 sessions
* Optional Sightseeing Excursions are available to purchase in India - Further information will be sent at time of booking.
* International and Domestic Flight Tickets
* Indian Visa
* Vaccination Costs
* Travel Insurance Costs
* Cost of optional excursions.
* Age 45+
* Fitness and suitability clearance certificate from your GP
* Clear DBS (Basti Ram can assist with obtaining this)
* Valid Travel Insurance and Immunisations
* A willingness to step out of your comfort zone & a passion for travel.
Cost £800 - Returning Participants attract a £50 discount.
28th September - 11th October 2019 - Pre Departure Workshop - Saturday 7th September.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
(Please watch the video from The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - which is located near to one of our project sites.)