Did you ever fancy spending time away in an organised group with like minded people, immersing yourself in a different community and culture. We have just the project for you. Our specialist two week projects to Himachal Pradesh, India offer a perfect balance of sightseeing and cultural exchange activities in the breathtaking Himalayan region. Our groups are small and bespoke - sizes minimum 8 - maximum 12.
* One pre-departure introductory workshop in the UK where you will meet your fellow participants.
* Project Handbook and pre-departure advice via a shared 'What's App' group.
* A dedicated bi-lingual group leader throughout your stay.
* Two week organised itinerary that includes a range of community activities.
* Support to plan and deliver multiple activity sessions (minimum 5) with local communities giving you the opportunity to
share your skills with local children and families.
* Pick up from and drop off from the nearest domestic airport - Kangra
* Accommodation in our dedicated house - shared rooms with dedicated attached bathroom in a traditional Indian village rural setting.
* Three freshly prepared vegetarian Indian meals per day from locally sourced produce.
* Bespoke comprehensive orientation on arrival tailored to your specialist areas of interest.
* 3 x one hour group Hindi language Lessons.
* Escorted cultural walk to meet and greet the local community and learn about their day to day life in rural India.
* Escorted orientation visit to nearest town to acclimatise participants with facilities.
* Mehendi (Henna Art Workshop)
* Morning Yoga x 5 sessions
* Indian Cookery x 3 sessions
* Optional Sightseeing Excursions are available to purchase in India - Further information will be sent at time of booking.
* International and Domestic Flight Tickets
* Indian Visa
* Vaccination Costs
* Travel Insurance Costs
* Cost of optional excursions.
* Age 18+
* Fitness and suitability clearance certificate from your GP
* Clear DBS (Basti Ram can assist with obtaining this)
* Valid Travel Insurance and Immunisations
* A willingness to step out of your comfort zone & a passion for travel.
Cost £800 - Returning Participants attract a £50 discount.
Group 1: 16th - 30th March 2019 - Pre Departure Workshop - Saturday 16th February
Group 2: 13th - 27th April 2019 - Pre Departure Workshop - Saturday 16th March
Please email for further information.